Feeling very fortunate to be safe and mostly dry through this devastating Louisiana flooding of 2016. We know so many family, friends, vendors, and customers affected by this flood and know it’s time to rally together and help our community. Below you will find a compiled list of places you can go if you need help, and things we can do to help while we endure this monumental Louisiana flooding.
We will continue to update this list throughout the week. If you have something we should add, please comment below
See full list below:
SHELTER & RESCUE INFO:
- Urgent Rescue Request Form
- Baton Rouge Shelter Sign in List
- Shelter Information for Affected Parishes
LOCATE LOVED ONES:
- Red Cross: If you want to volunteer, call the Red Cross at 855-489-2528 or sign up at http://volunteerlouisiana.gov
- A makeshift Salvation Army command center has been set up at 4025 West Brookstown Dr. Volunteers are welcome to report to the Brookstown location to help with food service and more. To volunteer, or if you are in need of assistance, call (225) 355-4483.
- Mercy Chefs, Feeding the Body & Soul Sign up here, https://mercychefs.com/mercy-chefs-volunteer-form/
- Volunteer Louisiana:
- Donations being accepted at local fire stations
- Donations available in New Orleans
- There is still a need at Lamar Dixon for volunteers, as well as pillows, blankets, towels, clothes, underwear (new in package) and Ziplock bags
- The Baton Rouge River Center shelter is also requesting pillows, blankets, new children's clothing and new socks/underwear
DONATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED AT THE FOLLOWING BUSINESSES:
- Tin Roof, you can bring any clothing or canned and dry food to their taproom - 1624 Wyoming St, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70802.
- Court & Layne, is serving as a drop off location for items such as clothing, water, blankets, diapers, wipes, toiletries, and any other necessary items.- 1210 N Airline Hwy, Set 10, Gonzales, Louisiana 70737.
- Bengals and Bandits , have pulled together clothing to be donated. If you'd like to help out but not sure how, they are currently accepting clothing donations at both locations. We will find local shelters and organizations to deliver these items to - 3340 Highland Rd, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70802.
- Calvin's Bocage Market on Jefferson Hwy at Corporate Old South Lighting truck (Robby Turner) is taking donations and will drop at shelters.
- All Rouses Markets are accepting cash donations and donations of non-perishable food, cleaning supplies and toiletries.
- Tiger Shredding & Recycling is using their trucks to transport items to the shelters They are open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Office address: 6307 Quinn Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70817.
DONATION ITEMS NEEDED:
- Cots or air mattresses (with pump)
- Towels/wash cloths
- Toiletries (soap, toothbrushes, deodorant, etc)
- Baby food & formula
- Toilet paper
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable food items (e.g. canned goods)
- Cleaning supplies
- Rubber gloves
- New, unopened packages of underwear (adult & children)
- New, unopened packages of socks (adult & children)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Toilet paper
- School supplies, due to flooding in local schools
- Boxes or containers
HOW TO MAKE A DONATION INFO:
FEMA AID AND GRANTS:
- If you’re in need of shelter due to the flooding in Louisiana, you can find open locations near you by texting SHELTER & your zip code to 44362 (4FEMA). For example: SHELTER 70802.
ANIMAL FOSTERING AND AID:
- Apply to foster animals from Denham Springs Animal Shelter
- Celtic Studios are requesting cages, bowls, collars, and toys for the animals in shelter with their Families (located in Stage 4)
- Companion Animal Alliance, Baton Rouge's city animal shelter Needs: Foster homes to house pets temporarily, large bath towels, paper towels, water and food for volunteers and staff. Donations can be made online to assist with these needs by going to the organization's website, www.CAABR.org.
- Cara’s House - located at Lamar Dixon, Ascension Parish's only shelter accepting people AND their animals. Immediate need is food and litter. PayPal is Carahousela@gmail.com. Thank you so much!
- For the first time ever Save-An-Angel Is accepting fosters without home visits. We only need vet references to ensure your dogs are vaccinated and spayed/neutered since we have no clue what type of dogs are coming in. Our goal is to get the dogs on transport up North in the coming weeks. We also need kennels. CONTACT : ADOPT@SAVE-AN-ANGEL.ORG
- Louisiana Home Builders Association: Need help finding a licensed and insured contractor for flood repair? Contact the home builders association in your area. We are here to help Louisiana REBUILD!!
Louisiana Licensed Contractor:
Get the name, business address, license number, or registration number of the contractor.
Verify the license or registration number.