Shop Local this Holiday Season!
Here at Sweet Baton Rouge®, we always argue that you should shop local and support your small businesses! With, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday coming up, here are some reasons why you should shop local this holiday season!
- Local businesses have their own community and distinct character. They silence out the noise from an increasingly homogenized, loud world.
- Local businesses build strong communities by linking customers through social relationships. They also contribute to local causes, which helps the local community by enriching it!
- Local businesses maintain product diversity because they select products based on the interests and needs of their communities, which guarantees a broader range of products.
- Shopping locally is also convenient. Along with in-store shopping, Sweet Baton Rouge also offers in-store pickup and local delivery. Our social media also lays out exactly what we have, making your shopping experience easier.
- When it comes to being environmentally conscious, local businesses are more sustainable because they limit single-use plastic. Sweet Baton Rouge is only a 10 minute drive from LSU’s campus, and it is near other businesses, making traveling slightly more ethical.
- Local businesses help create demands for local jobs. They improve employment rate and provide a large number of jobs to communities. They also offer the possibility of kick-starting a career.
- You are also more likely to find quality products at local businesses. Local stores tend to focus on the quality rather than quantity of what they sell, compared to chain stores that constantly stock several products. Sweet Baton Rouge’s products are of high quality and are printed locally with designs exclusive to Sweet Baton Rouge.
Thanksgiving is also coming up, and you may not know what you are going to be doing Thursday. If you're a student or not traveling home, and staying in Baton Rouge for the holidays or have to find an alternative way to celebrate? There are many restaurants (mostly local!) in Baton Rouge that offer Thanksgiving dinner dine-in and delivery.
- BRQ, known for its seafood and barbeque, is having their own Thanksgiving menu for all take out orders. They just ask to have your order in by November 22!
- Copeland’s Cheesecake Bistro
- Copeland’s is also having its own Thanksgiving menu for all of your take out Thanksgiving needs! They are offering traditional sides and entrées, and signature desserts. You can order their Thanksgiving food all the way until November 30!
- Eliza Restaurant and Bar
- Eliza’s has offered a housemade Thanksgiving To Go menu every year, and it is back again, complete with sides and sweets with a mixture of southern and traditional Thanksgiving foods. Order from them by November 21!
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse
- Fleming’s is offering both dine-in and take out for Thanksgiving. They just require you to place your take out order by November 23! Their website says you can take home a 3-course meal with your choice of entrée and sides.
- Matherne’s Market
- Matherne’s is offering catering for up to eight people! Order your complete dinner of turkey, dressing, sides, and dessert by November 21!
- Rocca Pizzeria
- Rocca’s is offering an entire Thanksgiving spread that is ready for pre-order by November 20! They are offering a turkey and seven sides, or they also give you the option to choose your favorite a la cart items that are all ready to heat and serve.
- Ruffino’s will have a selection of grazing trays or spreads for Thanksgiving appetizers, or you can order a 3-course meal for your family! They have a full menu of holiday specialties that they need 48 hours in advance.
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse
- Sullivan’s has both dine-in and take out. Sullivan’s is known for its wide meat and wine selection. They also have a select holiday menu, so put your take out order in by November 21!
- The Gregory
- Located in The Watermark Hotel, it is a premier destination for food and wine. They are offering dine-in for Thanksgiving, so be sure to call ahead and see if you can get a table!
- Stab’s Prime Steak and Seafood
- Stab’s is known for their quality steaks and seafood dishes. They also make signature cocktails, so make sure to make your reservations